ZentasticArts – About Forums Creative Magic Sigils Magic Sigils Construction What elements can be used in construction of magic sigils?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

What elements can be used in construction of magic sigils?

Dascent

I have no idea if you’ve asked yourself these kind of questions and to be frank I don’t have the courage to ask these questions on a “larger scale” so to speak, asking in a much bigger group or community… hmm, maybe I have the courage but I’m afraid of the answer.

These are the questions:

• why use certain eclectic symbols , or why not?
    • is sigil construction evolving or is it stuck in an “long forgotten” era?
    • is it a good or a bad thing if sigils evolve, transform themselves, from classic to a more digital environment?

Before even answering these questions for yourself first, there are definitions on which one might agree or not with the wider spread definition for example, I associate classic environment the physicals plane, the reality in which one stumbleupon a rock and hits the dust followed by “ouch… rock…. mtf…the damn rock…” …. the other aspect could be the astral plane, the world of the thoughts and ideas… now.. the bridge between them could be the digital world? What we imagine can be found/created/defined in this digital environment much more easier (and faster) than physical world.

So in a way, Idea from astral world can very much manifest into digital environment and only if we choose to invest more energy and action to make the next obvious step and ether skip the digital environment or use it in our favor in order to take all the benefit from what this environment could offer or even help manifest in physical world … the stone and dust one.

So, in this large context, are sigils evolving and we along the path or we must keep the “tradition” … “crafting” sigils the ancient way (which, from my personal point of view is totally fine)?!

No need to reply, just a seed…

Ok, back to the main question :

What elements can be used in construction of magic sigils?

Any elements which one believes is going to help and empower and assist and make things happen.

Knowledge like numerology, astrology, geometry, history, languages, intuitive informations and creativity, signs, symbols and other forms of defining an concept, idea, word or will.

Sigils allow much flexibility because one is allowing flexibility… so I guess, for myself I kind of found a few answers to the questions above.

If we experience time in a linear manner but actually the time is all in the NOW moment (past, present, feature is NOW), means I can ask a feature “me” if I can get a few perspective around that and hopefully the answer will make much more sense than last time…

PS: emmm, yes, I kind of put some passion into what I do so it’s impossible for me to stick only to what the “elders” did in their present.

Feel free to correct my text if it is not easy to read, english is not my native language.

Also, I’m interested in your perspective. Should sigils use the strict path as it has been done since… forever or there is a place for transformation, adaptability, even more flexibility? Magic will be lost or is going to improve?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.